Happiest of new years to you and yours, from us and ours. 2014 was nuts. Hard and beautiful. That's my year in review really. On to 2015 -- further up and further in!
Goals for 2015:
- Save money for a house downpayment. I'll spare you my rambling woes about everything I hatehatehate about home ownership (a LOT of things) and simply say, Jesus Mary and Joseph do I hate renting even more. On the bright side, we know so much more than we did the first time around. But this year is about saving so that maybe come Spring 2016, we can pounce. I will not wring my hands about my hatehatehate this year. Either to myself or to others wishing to pursue home ownership. I am a bad person and always have negative things to say first, and I need to cut that out. I am trying to leave my home ownership baggage at home!
- Maybe I should just save money for a horse downpayment instead. Practically the same (what's one letter difference really make?), way fewer roof repairs.
- Probably more hoof repairs though.
- I am abusing bullet points for no reason here...Anyway! Onward to other goals!
- Buy better bras. Nuff said.
- Learn to quilt. Someone asked me the other day what I do for fun and I kind of glazed over and was like..."I used to hike sometimes?" I actually enjoy writing a lot, but I have a hard time doing this at my house. Correction: I have a hard time doing this well at my house. I can instantly tell if I wrote a piece at home versus Lamplighter. So I need a better at-home hobby and to follow that up I need to...
- Learn how to write well with constant ~flow~ interruption!
- Be kind to myself. Nobody has (so far) said "Hayley this piece is terrible, throw it away in the garbage and burn that garbage immediately" about pieces I've written at home. So there's that. And thank you for that, people who edit my stuff (VAL). <3