(It takes a lot of attempts to do monthly pictures these days -- I've got quite the cute wiggle worm!)
- The Happy Sleeper method (you know it's good and hip because they use the narrow YWFT Hannah font on their website) is working really great, and all of a sudden we are all sleeping for longer stretches of time. I think my body is a little confused at the moment with the sudden uptick in sleep, because I've had insomnia a few times. Come on self, it really is okay, you can sleep now, shhhhh. But it's great. Maybe I need to start using the Sleep Wave method on myself: "It's time to sleep now, self. I'm right here. I love you." Hah.
- Now that she goes down reliably between 7-7:30PM there's this whole new world of nighttime time. The other night I plopped down on the couch with some wine, my Secret Garden coloring book (more on that another time but it is marvelous), new colored pencils, and A Bit of Fry and Laurie and chilled out with zero pacifiers to pop back in (because we took them all away like meanies).
- My baby smiles at everyone. It's great.
- She's starting to show, like, preferences for things. Like a real little human person! Avocados are apparently no bueno, but sweet potatoes are a tentative go. More avocado for me! Everyone is happy with that arrangement. (We'll try the avocado again soon. You gotta like guac, kiddo, it's the top food in our house.)
- Did I mention we're all getting more sleep? I'm going to mention that again, because it is that great.